While you wait for long-term home, you might be able to access Medium Term Accommodation.
Medium Term Accommodation (MTA) can help if you need a place to live while waiting for a confirmed long-term housing solution.
For example, you may be waiting for some home modifications to be made before you can move into your new Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) property or if you have already secured a long-term home, but you are waiting for another person to move out before moving in.
NDIS usually fund MTA as a one-off support for stays of up to 90 days.
Momentum Collective offer MTA for those times when your long-term housing solution isn’t quite ready. This could be if you are:
- Waiting for your new home to be ready
- Waiting for a new build SDA to be ready
- Leaving hospital or aged care
- Waiting for home modifications to be done
- Waiting for assistive technology to arrive
- Waiting for your confirmed SDA or Supported Independent Living to be available
- Experiencing a breakdown of supports and can’t live in your current home.
NDIS Support Categories
MTA is funded under Core Supports in your NDIS plan. To fund this, the NDIS needs evidence that you have somewhere to move into at the end of the MTA funding.
MTA covers the accommodation costs of where you stay. You will still need to pay for other things like your food, phone, internet, and other bills as usual.
Please note: We bill in line with the NDIS Price Guide, which generally increases annually.
Get the help you need
Contact us to learn more or express your interest.