An Easy Process
Momentum are here to help you with all your NDIS planning and can also provide many of the supports you may need.
The basic process you follow for the NDIS is outlined here.
1. Check you’re able to access NDIS support.
2. Consider what your needs and goals are
- Family, carers and friends can all be helpful in identifying your needs and goals.
- Your pre-planning should consider your needs and goals for all aspects of your life.
- Your pre-planning might consider your living arrangement, employment, transport and social activity needs.
- Use our easy pre-planning booklet and talk to our friendly Momentum NDIS team on 1300 900 091 to get started.
3. Meet with your NDIA planner to develop your plan
- You will be contacted by an NDIA Planner or a Local Area Coordinator to arrange a face to face meeting at a time that’s convenient to you.
- Make sure you take your pre-planning booklet to your meeting.
- It might help to take family, your carer or a friend with you to support you or write notes.
- Consider how much support you will want to manage your plan and coordinate your supports, because if you want Momentum to do this for you, these supports should also be included in your plan
4. Start using your plan
- Once your plan is approved and implemented, start choosing who you’d like to provide your supports.
- Make sure you get the full benefits of your plan and use as much of the budget that you’ve been allocated, as you can.
- If you find your circumstances change, we can support you to request a review of your plan.
5. Review your plan
- Your plan will usually be reviewed with the NDIA every year, to see what’s working and what’s not.
- When you do your review, consider if your original needs and goals are being met and include any new needs or goals you might have.
To find out more about the NDIS and how easily Momentum can help you with planning and providing services, call our friendly team on 1300 900 091.