Support Coordinators work creatively and resourcefully to keep you on track to ensure you’re connected to the appropriate supports you need to achieve your goals.
Momentum’s Support Coordination team can reduce the pressure on you and your family, by coordinating all your support needs. If you are allocated Coordination of Support in your NDIS plan, then your Support Coordinator will work with you to implement your plan by:
- Identifying the supports that will meet your unique needs, as outlined in your NDIS Plan
- Support you to engage with providers and ensure that service agreements and Schedules of Support are in line with the NDIS Pricing Guide and legislation
- Reporting to the NDIA and other government agencies on your behalf when required
- Negotiating the manner and timing of supports, including service agreements
- Facilitating information sharing between providers
- Obtaining quotes from providers of your choice and monitoring the plan budget
- Linking you in with your local community
- Working with you to develop skills, capacity and resilience
- Responding to a crisis or significant change of circumstances that may require a review of your plan
A Support Coordinator is independent to the service delivery team who provide your supports.
To access the services of a Support Coordinator, you need to ensure that you identify your personal need for support coordination funding when you meet with the NDIS to discuss and create your plan.
To find out more about the NDIS and how easily Momentum can help you with planning and services, call our friendly team on 1300 900 091.