Young people need support to develop their sense of dignity, self-responsibility and empowerment.
Casino Youth Services provides support for young people aged 12 to 25 to stay healthy, safe and connected.
Combining a range of skills-based and recreational activities, the programs are designed to nurture and support young people as they transition from adolescence into adulthood.
At Momentum, we believe young people should have equal opportunities, the ability to positively contribute in their community, and be acknowledged and valued for doing so. Our group work is tailored to our young people’s needs and is youth-designed and led where possible.
- Skills-based after-school activities and recreational holiday programs (cooking groups, homework help, work preparation and resume assistance, Youth Action Mob)
- Social group activities – concerts, adventure challenges, camps
- Computer and internet access
- Case management and counselling
- Advice, information and referral
- Community action, education and early intervention – participation in the annual Positive Adolescent Sexual Health (PASH) conference, contribution to local youth forums
Central to all activities is The Hub, our multi-purpose space which was established to include a drop-in facility, quiet space, meeting/training room and kitchen, making it great for after school drop-in or simply somewhere to come in and relax.