Our first home, and our beating heart lie in the community of Casino and surrounds. Discover how Momentum is building across Casino with our community-focused offerings.
Casino Neighbourhood Centre
Hello neighbour! The Casino Neighbourhood Centre (CNC) is ready to welcome you into our supportive and encouraging community.
CNC is a one-stop shop, providing specific programs and general conversations where you will feel valued, empowered to remain resilient and connected with a diverse range of people.
Located at 138 Canterbury Street, those local to Casino or the surrounding regions are encouraged to drop in on any given weekday. You can access support, find information, or simply have a yarn with your fellow community members.
Engage with CNC services
Come on over today to access our available services, including:
- Weekly community breakfast – catch up with your fellow locals or meet some new ones at our regular brekky gatherings. Whether you are there for the cuppa, the toast, or the chat, we’ll be happy to see you.
- Low-cost food pantry – access affordable staples in a safe and supportive environment. We’re here to help ensure you have everything you need for your next few meals.
- Regular community events – check out our notice board out the front to see what we are doing
Use our on-site resources
We are proud to be a hub for the Casino community. Benefit from a host of on-site resources, including:
- The Hub – our aptly named activity room is available for hire. Encourage your organisation to schedule the next meeting or activity with us. Community groups are encouraged to reach out to our friendly team and enquire about our facilities.
- A space to sit – a safe place to step away from the world for a while, connect to our free WiFi, pass the time before a scheduled appointment or simply pop in for a cuppa in our comfortable and welcoming sitting room. You never know who you will meet inside!
Explore our available programs
Receive targeted advice and information over a cuppa with our caring team. We can provide details on Momentum Collective programs, access crisis support or request a referral. Programs and services available to those in Casino include:
- Empower Day Program
- Outreach Program
- Short Term Accommodation Casino
- Staying Home Leaving Violence
- Family Preservation
Communities come in all shapes and sizes. Become a part of ours today. At CNC, we believe there’s no wrong door. Anyone is welcome through ours.
Casino Community Garden
A shared garden can nourish the heart of the community, as well as its body.
Be a part of sustainable, community-based change with the Casino Community Garden. Developed in 2010 as a community building project, the Garden is a fantastic way to get outdoors and connect with your local community.
See friendships strengthen as blooms flourish under your care. Volunteer your time to share your green knowledge with others or grow your gardening capabilities. Care for bountiful vegetables, fruit, and herbs, and meet like-minded people in the process.
Help us contribute to sustaining community Momentum today. All produce harvested is donated to local welfare agencies.
You will find us at the corner of Adam and Hartley Streets, South Casino. Phone 02 6662 2898 to learn more on how to join in.
Grow with us today!
Discover the Oak Centre, where the spirit of community comes alive. This space, widely open to local residents, is your cornerstone for an enriched Casino community experience and a hub for a variety of Momentum Collective events.
Our activities at the Oak Centre range from open days, donation days, and engaging youth programs to many more community-focused initiatives.
With the generous support of the NSW State Government’s ‘Stronger Country Communities Fund,’ the Oak Centre recently underwent a remarkable transformation. This included the addition of an accessible bathroom, reinforced security measures through fencing and surveillance cameras, and the creation of a welcoming yarning circle and a basketball area. These enhancements were designed to ensure an inclusive, secure, and inviting environment for the entire Casino community.
If you represent an organisation looking to utilise our versatile space or are interested in exploring collaborative opportunities, please get in touch on 02 6662 2898. If you’re a community member eager to attend one of our events, please visit our events page or alternatively, you can call 02 6662 2898. The Oak Centre is located at 26-28 Oak Avenue. We look forwarding to seeing you there!