Reconciliation Action Plan 2019-2021
We are delighted to introduce Momentum Collective’s Reconciliation Action Plan 2019 – 2021.
While great effort is being made to close the gap that exists between Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and non-Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, there is still much to be done to achieve reconciliation. Momentum Collective is committed to positively contributing to Australia’s reconciliation journey and to building strong, trusting relationships with the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities we support.
Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) 2019 – 2020 Achievements
- Held a successful online RAP launch raising internal and external awareness of our RAP
- Improved Momentum’s engagement with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff and support to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Increased the number of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, students and volunteers
- Continuing to build trusting relationships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, communities and organisations through increased engagement
- Provided quarterly forums for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employees
- Celebrated and participated in National Reconciliation Week (virtual online events), in line with COVID restrictions
- Developed a significant dates calendar for all employees to increase engagement and participation in significant events
- Developed cultural protocols, procedures and policies, including culturally relevant leave policies
- Developed and provided Cultural Awareness training to 70% of Momentum employees
- Supported Aboriginal leadership and training, by enrolling four staff members in leadership and management training
- Created opportunities to improve and increase Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment outcomes in the workplace.
- Adapted to the challenges presented by COVID-19 to successfully launch our RAP virtually
- COVID-19 has also presented us with challenges in maintaining face-to-face training, therefore we have come up with innovative ways of continuing the training in an online format
What does the future hold?
- Display an Acknowledgement of Country and local Aboriginal tribe name plaque at each Momentum Collective site that are accessed by Aboriginal and Torres Islander People across the region
- Develop employment pathways for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Developing stage two of our Cultural Awareness training
- Develop and maintain more working relationships and partnerships with service providers and organisations.